Recognizing Excellence in Accountability, Leadership, and Culture
Congratulations to The Ozzies™ 2017 Winners
The Ozzies are the first International Awards recognizing people and their organizations for excellence in Accountability, Leadership and Culture using Partner In Leadership methodologies.
The 2017 winners are leaders of industry making profound changes that drive business and thought leadership and have achieved outstanding company financial, cultural and strategic results in 2016.
2017 Ruby Award Winner
The Ozzies 2017 premier award goes to Redstone Federal Credit Union for their cultural transformation. Read more about how the organization shaped its culture through positive accountability, leading to outstanding results in 2016.
What Are The Ozzies?
Is Your Company Accountable? Have Award Winning Leadership? A Mighty Culture? Then you deserve an Ozzie!
The Ozzies are the first International Awards recognizing industry leaders and organizations who have demonstrated excellence in the design and delivery of Partner In Leadership methodologies for Accountability, Leadership, and Culture. The awards are given to organizations who have launched initiatives that have driven profound changes and achieved outstanding company results (fiscal, culture, and strategic alike) for the year. The awards are given on a yearly basis at Partners In Leaderships annual Accountability+ PLUS Symposium.
Gold, Silver, and Bronze will be awarded to the top three most impactful success stories in the following categories.
- Category 1: Small to Medium sized organizations (>250 employees)
- Category 2: Large organization (250 employees <)
- Industry Categories include: Higher education, Hospital and Healthcare, Finance and Insurance, Business Services, Pharma and Biotech, Restaurant, Technology and Manufacturing
The Ozzies Ruby Award is the highest overall honor given to one organization in a year.
See our past winners—and learn what it takes to win! View 2017 Line Up
4 reasons to share your amazing story now!
- Position your organization as industry leader in accountability, leadership, and culture.
- Prove your accountability and culture expertise and the impact it had that shaped your organization’s results.
- Brag to your industry! Show the power of your story and achievements.
- Publicize your success! Finalists receive press and social media representation. Winners receive a beautiful award to display, press, social media announcements, and digital award badge to display on company and social websites.
Curtis Lumber’s Cultural Transformation
2017 Ozzies award winner, Curtis Lumber Co., tells what it takes to gain more market share and continuously improve and grow as an organization – even become an employer of choice.
It all starts with breaking silos and building trust.
Read Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Ozzies?
The Ozzies are the first International Awards recognizing excellence for Accountability, Leadership and Culture using Partner In Leadership methodologies. The Ozzies recognize thousands of companies, millions of employees, and multi-millions of dollars in savings from industry leaders who have demonstrated excellence in the design and delivery of workforce learning and development programs. We honor Partners In Leadership clients with 16 awards across 5 categories to showcase excellence in thought leadership and culture methodologies.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any company that has used the Partners In Leadership approach, training, methodologies, modules, concepts and/or guidelines for achieving Cultural Accountability and Excellence conducted within the past year.
- Initiatives that began earlier than the past year are eligible so long as demonstrable results can be documented in the current award nomination period.
- Ruby Award winners often show year over year excellence.
Can we apply for more than one award?
Yes. There is no limit on the number of awards you can apply for.
Do I have to be a Partners In Leadership client in order to apply?
Yes. If you want more information on becoming a client, please contact:
I won last year. Can I submit again?
Absolutely! We would love to see you submit again. However, you will need submit with new content and a new example that differs from what was referenced in your last submission.
When is the submission deadline for The Ozzies 2018?
July 31, 2018
Is there a cost to apply?
There is no cost to apply for The Ozzies.
What does the judging process look like?
1. Judges include senior practitioners, learning and development experts, and Chief Learning Officer, and editors selected by Partners In Leadership. Each nomination is reviewed by multiple judges to minimize bias. Partners In Leadership reserves the right to modify this judging panel to internal senior management if not enough judges accept appointment.
2. A panel of judges has been established for each of the categories of awards to ensure the entries can be judged consistently and fairly. Winners will be determined by averaging scores assigned by judges to each entry. In the event of a tie, a select group of judges will review competing entries to determine winners.
3. The scoring has been set up to be consistent across the award categories and judges will provide numerical scores for each of the following criteria:
- a. Practioner Awards: Each of the three award criteria is judged on a scale of 1 to 7:
- b. 6-7 (Breakthrough and/or Role Model): For learning practitioners or companies considered “breakthroughs” and/or “role models” for the learning and development industry. The challenge is considered to be extreme (across an entire industry) or global (large numbers of learners, many stakeholders, very difficult to accomplish), and the nominees have demonstrated role-model leadership.
- c. 4-5 (Outstanding): For learning practitioners or companies who did an outstanding job, met or exceeded all of the criteria as described, and accomplished all goals. The complexity was significant and/or the nominees demonstrated clear leadership.
- d. 1-3 (Meets the criteria): For learning practitioners or companies whose initiatives met the criteria, but did not or could not provide clear or reliable evidence to identify initiatives as breakthrough or outstanding.
- e. 0 (Does not meet the criteria): Did not meet the criteria established or failed to document how the criteria were met.
4. Not all awards may be awarded, awards are at the discretion of the judges final decisions.
When will finalists be announced?
Finalists will be notified via email on September 1, 2018. Winners will be announced September 13, 2018, during The Ozzies Awards Ceremony at the annual Accountability+ PLUS Symposium.
If I am named a finalist will I need to register for the symposium to attend the award ceremony?
Yes, you will need to purchase a ticket to Accountability+ Plus to attend the awards ceremony. However, if you cannot attend the awards ceremony, you will need to provide an address and we will ship the award to you.
What do finalists receive?
All finalists will receive press and social media mentions.
What award winners receive?
The Ozzies award winners will receive:
1. A specially designed award to be given at the awards ceremony during the fall symposium or to be shipped.
2. A press release regarding the win.
3. Social media announcements for the win.
4. Added to our exclusive insider PR list to receive the scoop before anyone else on new Partners In Leadership insights, products, and press releases.
5. Consideration to be featured as a case study on our website and/or in The Edge (our CEO journal) highlighting the organization’s story of transformation.
What are the Terms and Conditions for submitting to The Ozzies?
Terms and conditions for The Ozzies Awards are below. You will be asked to accept these terms when you submit your application.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the awards, selection or nomination?
Please contact our Public Relations Associate, Cassandra Wagner, at Cassandra.email@example.com