As a Senior Partner for Partners In Leadership, Marcus is an integral member of the company’s leadership team. He significantly contributes to the strategic direction of the company and helps guide the development of the company’s curriculum. Marcus is also the co-author of the leadership book, Fix It: Getting Accountability Right. Fix It is a fresh, intuitive journey into accountability providing a customized approach to this topic that touches everything in the organization.
Marcus partners with some of the firm’s largest accounts, aiding leaders from some of the world’s most successful organizations with the alignment of their culture and strategy, including: Boston Scientific, Cigna, Daymon Worldwide, Hilton, Kroger, Louis Vuitton, Marvell, Nestle, Northwestern Mutual, Oakley, Sony, Starbucks, US Foods and Walgreens. He has helped clients create greater alignment and accountability for results at all levels of an organization in a way that produces record-setting results. Examples include:
- Medical Device: Accelerated product delivery to market, beating expectations by 4 months resulting in exceeding revenue forecast by $5,000,000.
- Food Service: A 1,000% increase in Employee Promoter Score (EPS); from 2 to 22 over a 2-year period.
- Electronics: Customer Service division exceeded Net Promoter Score (NPS) target for the first time ever.
- Hospitality: Guest satisfaction scores rose from 30th percentile to top 10 ranking.
All three Key Results were exceeded at the same time for the first time in five years.
- Financial Services: Increased “Great Place To Work” metrics from 29% to 72% in 12 months.
- Managed Health Plan: Reduced turnover 20% and increased revenue 50% in 18 months.
Marcus is regularly featured as a keynote speaker for many organizations including Sony, Nestle, Northwestern Mutual, Wolfgang Puck, Novelis, Washington State Governor’s conference and Hilton Hotels & Resorts. He received a master’s degree (MBA core) from the UC San Diego School of Global Policy and Strategy (GPS) and a bachelor degree in International Relations from Brigham Young University. He is conversant in Chinese.