Drive Measurable Results Through Accountability
Our Accountability Builder training and consulting program instills positive accountability across all levels of your workforce. Based on the classic New York Times bestselling business book, The Oz Principle, our award-winning approach motivates and empowers individuals using our powerful Steps to Accountability®. The concepts, models, and tools presented in this program equips the individuals in your organization with a powerful skillset that gives you a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Building a Foundation of Positive Workplace Accountability
Ever hear any of the following?
- “It’s not my fault.”
- “We missed the deadline…again.”
- “That was (so-and-so)’s project, not mine.”
- “Wait a minute, I have an email right here that said something else.”
We’ve all heard these responses, and many more like these, throughout the workplace from colleagues, direct reports, even leaders. Unfortunately, this mentality around not taking accountability and instead blaming others or situations, is rampant in today’s workplace. We believe that this is connected to an accountability crisis in the business world today.
Why do we say it’s an accountability crisis? Because most people have the wrong perception of accountability. Today’s view on accountability is one that is punitive, consequential, and only occurs when things go wrong. Nobody wants to take accountability and everyone wants to avoid being the victim.
Our Accountability Builder program instead moves individuals from victimization to realization by redefining accountability to something that is more positive, empowering, and impactful:
The Oz Principle Definition of Accountability: a personal choice to rise above one’s circumstances and to demonstrate the ownership necessary for achieving key results: to See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It.®
“There were times at those early stages, despite my being gung-ho, that we wondered if we were making the progress we wanted or were seeing the results we wanted. PIL coached us through this and helped us believe we’d see the change in time.”
When we work with our clients in rolling out this version of accountability, we have seen dramatic improvements in organizational performance and excellence. Using Accountability Builder and our intuitive Steps to Accountability® model, we help clients build a strong foundation of positive accountability that delivers long-term, sustainable growth. Specifically, this program helps organizations to:
- Improve performance: We help clients improve performance and close performance gaps through our SOSD™ Accountability Tool. This tool helps leaders and members of the workforce identify, work through, and execute on areas of opportunity.
- Strengthen leadership: We help clients create greater transparency and an environment of trust throughout the workplace by providing a proven model for exchanging feedback.
- Increase employee engagement: Creating positive personal accountability at all levels of a workforce instills an empowering Above The Line® behavior and encourages joint accountability for delivering on the top three or four key results of an organization.
- Create environments of innovation: We help clients create cultures of innovation, where cross-department collaboration and necessary risk-taking is encouraged and a fail-fast attitude is embraced.
- Enhance personal development: Not only does this program support the achievement of our clients’ missions but also facilitates the personal development of every member of the organization trained in this solution, resulting in higher employee retention and satisfaction levels.
Interested in learning more about Accountability Builder? Check out our core training models.
Take the next step in building a community of positive accountability in your workplace through an active plan of onsite trainings, train your trainer programs or by attending a micro workshop.
Our Accountability Experts come onsite to your location to train your team or your entire company. You receive assessments, consultations, workbooks, access to our Partners In Leadership Tools online and more.